"No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure.” – Emma Goldman
When you bring your child or children (or grandchildren) to church, you expect and hope that:
- The children will be given a foundation of spiritual understanding.
- They will enjoy themselves enough that they’ll go without a fuss!
At Unity of Walnut Creek, children explore spirituality using age-appropriate curriculum from Unity Worldwide Ministries. Here are some examples:
- Joy Creators (under 6 years old) learned about the power of prayer and manifestation through affirmations, creativity, joy songs, art and crafts
- Earthlovers (ages 6-9) learned about the second power, Strength, of The Twelve Powers.
- The Peacemakers (ages 10-13) and the Youth of Unity (14-18) planned the winter dinner and dance together.
The children also have plenty of time for creative play and fun in abundance. More than this, your children will be enfolded in love and recognized for the important and unique spiritual beings they are – whole, complete and perfect.
on Sundays9:30 am Infants to age 8 (9:00 am beginning November 19, 2017)11:30 am Infants to age 18
Click here for a list of upcoming events!
They are also enfolded in community, with plenty of extra activities for the whole family and occasions to connect with all generations at Unity. See the Youth, Family and YOU Events page for a list of this year's events.The children’s program is composed of three age groups:
- Infants through age 8 at the 9:30 and 11:30 services: The children meet in the CommUnity Room, with the Family Room available for the youngest children.
- PeaceMakers (for middle school children) at the 11:30 service, who meet in Room 2 (upstairs) in the Education Building
- Youth of Unity (YOU) (for high school students)
You are also invited to bring your children into the Sunday services in the sanctuary. If you need to comfort an upset little one, both the CommUnity Room and the Family Room have monitors available so you can stay connected with the service.
Requests for parents:
- Sign your children in and out each time you bring them, and provide any special details or instructions.
- Do not leave children unattended in the classrooms if there are no teachers or adult volunteers present.
- Be sure your children are free of illness and fever for 24 hours before coming to Unity.
Wanted: Volunteers to be teachers for our children! We have a joyful, well-organized program with lots of the sweetest children. Our parents and teachers make this a spirit-filled and wonderful place to be on Sunday mornings and are so appreciated! Contact the Youth Ministry director for more information. Prior to beginning your volunteer work with the children, you will be asked to give us permission to conduct a background check.