Unity offers a positive, practical approach to spirituality and daily living. At Unity, each person is viewed as a whole and perfect expression of God. We empower people – all people -- to fulfill their divine potential and experience a loving God.
If you consider yourself spiritual but not religious, if you are looking for an alternative to your childhood religion, if you are seeking a loving, accepting community, or if you are yearning for a deeper connection to Spirit, come and experience Unity of Walnut Creek.
Unity offers teachings for a practical way of life. Principles that Unity follows include:
- God Is Good: There is one Presence and Power in the universe, which we call God and which is known by many names. God is everywhere present.
- People Are Good: Each person is a unique expression of God, created with sacred worth. This is true for all people, including children, LGBTQ people, elders, and people of all races, marital statuses, faiths and abilities. We are one with each other and with all of life.
- Thoughts Create Experiences: We create our experiences by what we choose to think, feel and believe. When we choose life-affirming thoughts, words and actions, we experience a more fulfilling and abundant life.
- Prayer Connects Us: Prayer and meditation connect us with God. Prayer heightens our connection with God and brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
- Action Counts: We apply and demonstrate spiritual principles in our daily lives. We live our truth through thoughts, words and actions.
For more information on Unity beliefs, see the frequently asked questions page on unity.org.
The Unity Movement
Begun in the late 1800s by Myrtle and Charles Fillmore, Unity developed out of Myrtle’s remarkable healing from tuberculosis through prayer and affirmations. Unity has grown from a few small prayer circles to a worldwide movement with more than 900 spiritual communities that are associated with Unity Worldwide Ministries (UWM).
At its headquarters in Unity Village just outside of Kansas City, Unity publishes the Daily Word magazine and other inspirational publications, provides 24/7 prayer support through Silent Unity and offers educational classes and events.
For more information about the Unity movement’s history, see the History page on unity.org.