Join us for fun and connection at these 2017 events especially for our children, teenagers and their families. Unless otherwise stated, the events are held at Unity.
- Jan. 8 at 1:00 pm: Ice Skating in the Park, Walnut Creek. A fabulous time at the ice skating rink. Folks of all ages - YOU, Peacemakers, the younger children and their parents - attend. Families that attend the 9:30 and 11:30 am services have a chance to meet each other and make new connections.
- Feb. 12: Leadership Workshop, Aptos, CA. A unique oppportunity for Youth of Unity and Youth Education leaders to develop supportive leadership concepts and skills.
- TBA: Valentine Bake Sale. Love-inspired baked goods and treats will be sold on the patio after Sunday services to raise funds for upcoming family get-togethers and events.
- Feb. 25: Crab Feed, Centre Concord. One of the kids’ favorite service events. The youth love to wait on the wonderful attendees. After, go bowling next door at the Clayton Valley Bowl with the generous tips they receive.
- TBA: Bring a friend or two and share your spiritual community with them.
- April 16: Special Easter Sunday service.
- TBA: Pot Decorating and
- TBA: Planting Party. Fun times preparing for the Plant Sale fundraiser.
- TBA: Plant Sale Fundraiser. Sell plants on the patio after Sunday services to raise funds for a proposed Preteen Retreat in the summer.
- TBA YOU Spring Rally, Clovis Educational Center in Sonora. At this rally, the teens participate in spiritual dancing, drumming circle and lessons with their camp families, which are comprised of teens from different chapters from the West Central Region of Unity. The YOUers also elect and install the regional team for 2016-2017.
- TBA: Fourth of July Picnic at Unity. Bring the family and join us for a picnic filled with games, entertainment and celebration of Independence Day. The YOU celebration will be off-site.
- July 21-22: Circulation Day. The largest Youth Education/YOU fundraising event of the year. The kids have a barbecue and spend the night Friday on the Unity grounds preparing for Saturday's event. Proceeds will help support the Peacemaker/YOU retreat later in the year.
- TBA: Stinson Beach Campout in Olema. This is a repeat of a very successful and fun YOU event from prior years. Open to all youngsters and their families. The two-night stay includes a day at Stinson Beach with an excursion to Point Reyes Station and the Farmer's Market.
- TBA: Volunteer Appreciation Day. The annual picnic to celebrate and honor the many volunteers at Unity. The youngsters participate by singing songs or presenting short plays. Come join us in the celebration!
- TBA: Peacemakers/YOU Retreat at Snowflower Ranch. The YOUers prepare and facilitate spiritual lessons for the Peacemakers based on a central theme.
- TBA: Fall fundraiser for Unity, Pleasant Hill Senior Center. This event is a must for all families and kids of all ages! Please let us know if you would like to help organize it.
- Oct. 29: Halloween Party. Celebrate Halloween with our Unity family with lots of treats, tricks and feasting.
- TBA: YOU Fall Rally in Aptos. The teens participate in various workshops, spiritual dancing, drumming circles, etc. in camp families, comprised of teens from many chapters in the West Central Region of Unity. A pivotal event for our teens!
- Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Day Meal at Unity.
- Dec. 2-3: Y.O.U. Christmas Dinner and Dance with Lock In. A time for all present and past YOUers from all chapters to get together and enjoy the holiday season and celebrate the incoming new year!
- TBA: Meal For Families at the Central County Interim Shelter in Concord. We prepare the meal at Unity, transport it to the shelter, serve and join with those present in a sumptious meal!
- TBA: Family Holiday Gift Making Party. A holiday party for our children and failies but all are welcome to join us. There will be music, laughter, fun, food and gift making in celebration of the season.
- Date TBA: Christmas Caroling, Kensington Retirement Home. Our talented children and family carolers treat the residents of the Kensington Retirement Community (just down the road from Unity) to singing and desserts.
- Dec. 24: Christmas Eve Services. At the family service at 5:30 pm, the children’s service is a favorite holiday tradition for the children and their families (and lots of other people at Unity too).
- Dec. 31: Burning Bowl Ceremony. On New Year’s Eve, release the old that no longer serves you and bring in your good for the New Year. Children will meet at 6:00 pm in the CommUnity Room for preparing letters and go into the Sanctuary at 7:00 pm.